Recipe: White Chocolate Coconut Tart
AN EASY WHITE CHOCOLATE TART, PERFECT FOR EASTER CELEBRATIONS
A tropical twist on a traditional tart, this dessert will wow your guests. The subtle coconut flavor is a nod to warmer weather, a much welcomed anticipation of Spring.
PRO TIP: For a fun addition and eye-catching presentation, dust the coconut tart with powdered sugar before serving.
- 2 bars (3.5 ounces each), Lindt EXCELLENCE White Coconut, chopped
- 7 tablespoons, butter
- 2/3 cup, sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon, vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup, flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line with parchment a 9-inch springform or tart pan.*
- Melt the chopped chocolate and butter over simmering water, in a double boiler or microwave oven. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sugar, vanilla, eggs and salt.
- Stir in flour until just combined.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake approximately 20 minutes, or until the tart is lightly browned. Resist the temptation to overbake.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
*If you use mini tart forms (between 8 and 10, depending on the size), bake for 15-20 minutes. This will give each guest their own individual tartlet.