Recipe: Lindt Double Chocolate Sandwich Wafer Cookies
These double chocolate cookies use Lindt Chocolate’s Milk Hazelnut spread in the cookie batter and to sandwich the cookies together. The cookies aren’t too sweet which makes a perfect match for the chocolate spread (or on their own!).
½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 jar (200 mL) Lindt Chocolate’s Milk Hazelnut Spread, divided
1½ cups (375 mL) all purpose flour
¼ cup (60 mL) cocoa powder, plus extra for sprinkling
¼ tsp (2 mL) baking powder
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter, granulated sugar and dark brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. (Alternatively, use a large bowl with electric hand mixer). Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed, about 2 minutes. Add egg, mix well to combine. Add ¼ cup Lindt Chocolate’s Milk Hazelnut Spread Spread, mix well to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Tip flour mixture into chocolate mixture. Mix on low speed until mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Sprinkle a clean countertop with cocoa powder. Tip dough out onto surface. Roll dough ⅛-inch thick, sprinkling top of dough with cocoa powder if sticky. Use a 2-inch round fluted cutter to cut cookies. Place cut cookies on prepared baking sheets. Continue to re-roll scraps. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies are set to the touch. Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cookies are completely cooled, flip half. Place remaining spread in a piping bag or zip-top bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of the piping bag. Evenly divide chocolate spread on the inside of half the cookies, about a scant tsp per cookie. Sandwich with another cookie.