Holiday Lindtspiration: Swiss Hot Chocolate
Create warm memories with your family this season by including classic Swiss Hot Chocolate into your holiday traditions! This rich, velvety drink is the perfect way to sweeten up a cold night.
PRO TIP: Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings or cinnamon.
- 2 (100g) Swiss Classic Surfin Chocolate bars OR 2 (3.5oz) Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa bars, chopped
- 4 cups milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns (optional)
- Heat the milk with the spices in a saucepan over medium heat until it reaches almost boiling. (Do not let the milk boil fully.)
- Add the chopped chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 25 minutes (to release the aromas.)
- Strain the liquid and reheat before serving.