Recipe: Lindt Chocolate Spread Swirl Muffins
These muffins combine both vanilla and chocolate batter, swirled together. The chocolate batter is made using our Lindt Milk Chocolate and Hazelnut Spread.
1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar
⅓ cup (80 mL) vegetable oil
2 large eggs
½ cup (125 mL) 14% sour cream
½ cup (125 mL) whole milk
2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (3 mL) baking soda
½ tsp (3 mL) salt
¼ cup (60 mL) Lindt milk chocolate hazelnut spread
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together granulated sugar, vegetable oil, eggs, sour cream and milk. Whisk well to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Tip flour mixture into egg mixture and mix until just combined. Remove 1 ½ cups batter to a separate bowl. Mix the Lindt Milk Chocolate Hazelnut into remaining batter until well combined.
- Place 2 tbsp chocolate batter in the bottom of each muffin cup. Top with 2 tbsp vanilla batter, followed by 1 tbsp chocolate batter. Use a skewer to swirl batters together. Bake muffins on the middle shelf of the oven, for 20-22 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool slightly before serving warm with more chocolate spread.