Holiday Lindtspiration: Chocolate Trees
These delicious treats are a great way to get the kids in the Christmas spirit. You can also use them as a festive (and edible!) decoration or to fancy up your Gingerbread House. Just four ingredients, these happy little chocolate trees come together quickly and make a delicious statement.
PRO TIP: For a pop of color, decorate a white serving platter with LINDOR truffles to accompany your trees.
- 3.5oz Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Bar, melted
- 1 sugar cone (yes, the kind you top with ice cream!)
- 3/4 cup cornflakes cereal
- Melt the chocolate.
- Using a brush, generously brush the outside of the sugar cone with the chocolate.
- Lightly crush the cornflakes and stick onto the cone. You might have to coax them slightly to ensure the entire cone is covered for a natural look.
- Place in the fridge.
- After about 5 minutes, take out of the fridge. Gently and generously brush the outside with chocolate.
- Before the chocolate fully sets, place a few silver sugar pearls as tree decorations or dust with coconut or icing sugar for a snowy effect.