Recipe: Spicy Chocolate Tart
TAKE YOUR CULINARY CREATIONS TO THE NEXT LEVEL WITH LINDT EXCELLENCE
Rich and decadent, this flourless tart combines the Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Bar and warm spices for a unique and extraordinary dessert. What happens when the spicy fragrance of cinnamon and coriander mingles with the intense yet refined taste of Lindt EXCELLENCE dark chocolate? The perfect indulgence to awaken all your senses.
- 2 bars (3.5 ounces/100 grams each) Lindt EXCELLENCE 70% Cocoa Bar, chopped
- ¾ cup butter
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and line an 8- or 9-inch spring form pan or tart pan with removable bottom.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together.
- Stir the spices into the melted chocolate/butter mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg yolks with ½ cup of sugar and whip.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the yolks (make sure the chocolate isn’t hot or you’ll end up with scrambled eggs!)
- In a different, clean bowl, beat the egg whites, gradually adding remaining ½ cup of sugar. Beat until egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Bake between 35-40 minutes. Test with a toothpick (or thin knife.) If the toothpick comes out clean, the tart is finished. Do not overbake.
- This tart will sink as it cools. Cool slightly between removing from pan.
Yields: 8-10 servings
PRO TIP: Prior to serving the tart, dust with cocoa powder or powdered sugar, and serve with fresh berries.
Recipe created by: Lindt Swiss Master Chocolatier Ann Czaja