Chocolate Milkshake Day
September 12th is Chocolate Milkshake Day! We couldn’t resist whipping up our own special version, complete with homemade chocolate milk.
Basic Chocolate Milk
For the Simple Syrup:
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
For the Milk:
1 2/3 cups milk
2 tablespoons simple syrup
1 bar (3.5 ounces) Lindt 70% Chocolate, chopped
- Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. When the sugar is dissolved, remove the saucepan form the heat. Set aside.
- Heat the milk and syrup to 122-140 degrees Fahrenheit and add chopped chocolate.
- Whisk until the chocolate is melted.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
Now onto the milkshake – a Chocolate Banana Rum Milkshake to be exact!
1 recipe of Basic Chocolate Milk
1 medium ripe banana, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons of white rum (optional)
- Blend chocolate milk and banana in a blender until smooth.
- Add rum if desired and stir to combine.
- Serve in chilled glasses with shaved chocolate on top.