Recipe: Chocolate, Almond & Orange Brownies
CHOCOLATE + CITRUS = A SPRINGTIME CELEBRATION
This unique brownie is perfect for any occasion. Warm the brownies slightly before serving as this will enhance the fragrance of the Lindt EXCELLENCE Intense Orange dark chocolate.
- 1 & 1/2 bars (3.5 ounces, each), Lindt EXCELLENCE Intense Orange dark chocolate, chopped
- 9 tablespoons, butter
- 1 & 1/3 cup, powdered sugar
- 4 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup, slivered almonds
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons, almonds, finely ground
- 1/3 cup, flour
- 2 teaspoons, orange liqueur or orange juice
- Zest of one orange
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan and line with parchment paper.
- Toast the slivered almonds in a skillet over medium heat. Shake or stir continuously until the nuts start to turn golden brown. Transfer slivered almonds to a bowl and set aside.
- Combine the butter, sugar and zest in a bowl and mix until light and pale.
- Add the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Gently melt chopped chocolate over a water bath and add to the butter mixture. Scrape down sides of bowl to assure there are no lumps.
- Mix the ground almonds and flour, and fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the orange liqueur or orange juice.
Optional: Top with hot fudge and serve with vanilla ice cream